Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Karen's Bracelet

A bracelet I made for my friend Karen. The center, side and toggle are sterling silver. The pink and blue beads are dichroic glass beads. The green beads are faceted jade. I hope she likes it :D

New England Aster blooming it's head off in my yard. It's nice to see some color as things are beginning to fade out....
This is a native plant called Turtlehead, or Genitian ....I found growing in the woods by my cabin..the petals never really open fully. They stay closed to resemble a turtles head. It was so funny, the day I took the picture, as I was walking over to the plant, I noticed two turtles mating! What are the odds of that? They froze when they saw me, so I stayed still and observed. After the male was successful, they both tipped over on their backs. I noticed he used his head to hurl himself back over...then he just crawled away leaving the female on her back! Well!! There's other turtles in the woods! Enjoy this beautiful day my friends :D



1 comment:

Marit said...

The bracelet is beautiful! I'm sure your friend will love it! And what a funny story about the turtles... we only have turtles in the zoo here in Holland (and sometimes a lost 'water turtle' in the pool at the park - animals that were pets once and people didn't want... but with our cold winters, they usually don't survive...)