Thursday, November 3, 2011

Indigo

Credits: Images from my stash from magazines
I saw this pretty boy in some of my papers today, and thought he should be the star! The gold doodles don't scan like I wished they would, but you get the idea! The bird reminds me of an Indigo Bunting. I see them every once in a while around here, but not as often as I'd like. I remember seeing them for the first time with my Mom, while she was up visiting. There were quite a few in our backyard, and all at the same time! I haven't seen that many at one time since. She lives in Fla., and has seen a Painted Bunting before, out on her deck! How lucky!

6 comments:

Kathy said...

I see that it's SNOWING already here. I hope this beautiful little bird doesn't get cold, but there's not much chance of that with someone as warm and wonderful as you around!

Diane said...

Oh just gorgeous--these colors are wonderful!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Ha ha Kathy!! Thank you so much, it snows here year round, helps keep the hot flashes away LOL!

Thanks Diane! The flower is actually more pink, than it scanned above. For some reason, pinks don't always scan true with me. Glad you liked it, and thanks to you both for coming by! Hope you all have a nice weekend!

Dianne said...

Lovely! I've onlt seen a painted bunting here in non-breeding plummage... I'd love to see them and the indigoes in all their colorful glory!

indybev said...

What beautiful colors. This is a real eye feast!

Susan said...

I saw this on FB and everyone everywhere loves it! I also love the snowflakes year round here. Very cool effect. Sorry your gold lettering didn't show up on the photo. Your verbage is always my favorite part.