Thursday, January 26, 2012

Credits:
"Love" & Pink Cat holding heart- Nancy Baumiller
Top border-phoebe photo (FeeBeeDee)
Black & white bottom border-sassyarts
Roses & Angels -Neefer
Blue heart- seasiderosegarden
Valentine car- Plaisanter
Flowers at top in center- picture of my Heleboros growing in my yard
Well, this is what I did today! Created for Collage Play With Crowabout on Flickr. Painted background, dabbed with contrasting colors. I get to the part where the actual journaling begins, the dreaded lettering...the lettering that I want to do, but am SCARED to do. I've never gotten comfortable with it, or nearly as good at it as I want to be. Only thing you can do is do it anyhow! Of course after the first line, the Sharpie I was using ran out, sometimes I hate Sharpies...sometimes not. Luckily my red Copic came to the rescue. I adore these markers! I have had the "LOVE" sign from Nancy for along time, I have always loved the LOVE image, and today's collage seemed like the perfect time to use it. The other day I was stolling around in the yard looking for any sign of SPRING, and took just a few pictures. I actually saw a few signs:

I've always loved moss... it is growing on the banks of my road. My friend Linda has the most beautiful yard. She gave me the idea of digging some to use in the fairy house gardens, that I hope to create! Maybe I should let it take over my entire yard! It always stays green, and you don't have to mow it!
This is a close up of my Daphne shrub. I have it growing right by the steps as you walk up to the front door, on purpose, because it smells sooo good when it blooms in February! I nearly lost it one year, it doesn't like damp soil, and I guess we had too much rain one year, and every leaf drooped and fell to the ground! I cut it back and pulled the mulch away from it and eventually it came back, and is getting ready to launch to perfume the air!
This is Heleboros, or Lenten Rose...I have them planted along the front of the house in a bed. I have been noticing deer around the bed, so....hope they don't eat them all!
This is a close up of the Heleboros, and also the feature of the top of the above collage! I downsized it, and cut out like two or three of them and glued them together to paste onto the page. Of course I doodled and enhanced the center color with colored pencils. My sister Molly suggested I use it in a collage, I told her that mayyybe I would!
Here is the entire photo of the Daphne shrub :D
Well, what do ya know? If this isn't a sign of SPRING I don't know what is, HYACINTH emerging by the FAIRY GARDEN! I planted it there last year, thought it would look cool there. I must take some pictures of the fairy house once things are blooming and I get it like I want it.

That's about all for now, enjoy the night, and go make some ART!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! You DID use the lenten rose picture! Very pretty. Lots of inspiration coming this spring and I can't wait. Love you! ~Molly

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thank you Molly!! Of course I used it, I do everything you tell me to do, because you are always right! I love you, more than you know!!

Lizbethem said...

Love your Valentine collage AND the lettering. Great little saying, that!

Marit said...

Oh no, no, NOOOO... We're in the middle of freezing cold weather here in the Netherlands. Snow all around and I am outside trying to defrost the drainpipe for the third (THIRD) day in a row...(just taking a break from frustration by visiting blogs for a moment in between...) and you show hyacints.... enjoy, enjoy and send some sunshine my way will you dear?

Chris said...

Hi there, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/