Friday, August 24, 2012

Art Is Therapy

Credits:
Acrobat-plaisanter
border strips-Mandy's Magical World of Art & Nancy Baumiller
Crow-Nancy Baumiller
Butterfly- candyn29
Bouquet-Collage Play With Crowabout image

Cat Flower- BeckyF
My latest piece...I bought some new Derwent Inktense Water Color Pencils!  I used a mixture of those, and Neo II Crayons to created the background.  After I smeared the colors together on the page, I came back and went over it in some places where I wanted more color, and did not apply water again.  I drew the flowers and used various markers, mostly Copics on them.  Great fun!  Enjoy the rest of this glorious day!!

6 comments:

Lizbethem said...

Fabulous, colourful piece! I agree with the quote. You are such an inspiration.

indybev said...

What a joyous feast of color! It made me happy just to see it!

Dees of Wine & Roses said...

LOOOOOOVE the colors and the way you used the images!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Can't tell you all how happy your comments made me! Thanks for stopping by! Hugs!

Robin said...

so so pretty..you really have a wonderful talent for color , design, and joy..!

Janny said...

So beautiful Shelly!