Thursday, August 2, 2012

New ART!

Credits:
Flowers- Kelly Kautz
Bottom Border- Nancy Baumiller
Rose- Magazine
Top corner spirograph image- Niece Megan Weber

I had such fun last night creating this piece!  I took a break from Art for a long time.  Not because I wanted to, but just had so much going on.  I used Water Soluble Neo II crayons for the background.  I sketched her face on paper, and used colored pencils, then used Copic Markers and graphite pencil on her hair.  I then cut her out and pasted her down.  Hopefully I can get back to my art, because it really makes me HAPPY!  See you all soon!

7 comments:

Holly Loves Art said...

I'm happy you're happy! It's a beautiful piece!!!

Lizbethem said...

It made me happy,too! Loveit!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thanks so much Holly and Liz! Thank you both for stopping by!

Susan said...

I saw this on FB and didn't get a chance to tell you how nice and colorful it is. The background is so smoothly blended that the color transitions are flawless. And who doesn't love those Copic markers? Have you tried the Derwent Graphitint pencils? They are watercolor pencils that have graphite mixed in with the color. Very cool. Take care.xoxo.

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thank you so much Susan! What a sweet comment! It was great fun creating again. I do have some watercolor pencils, will have to go downstairs and see which ones they are, they do sound cool!!! Hope you had a great weekend, loved, loved your latest painting!

indybev said...

She's gorgeous. The colors are vibrant. What a happy piece!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thank you so much Bev! So glad you liked it, and thanks for stopping by, made my day!! xox