Saturday, January 19, 2013

More New Art

Credits:
Top Border- Nayski
S Border- Nancy Baumiller

Here is a new collage I made yesterday, and the first thing that came to my mind to journal about was about the first sunny day we have had in so long I can't remember!  Going to be nice all weekend!  This collage is created on card stock.  I first used my Neo II water crayons to paint the background.  I draw all over the page in the colors I like, then smear them around with a baby wipe.  It's fun to see the colors meld together,  just be sure you use complimentary colors, because if you don't, the combo may not be desirable.  Not too much worry if it isn't because I cover up most of it anyhow!  Ohhh I try to be more subtle and simple...letting my layers show, and I guess I have realized I'm powerless over it all.  Most of these borders I have cut from a paper I got along time ago at a gift shop, and I have loved it, wish I could get more of it!  The bottom blue and yellow border is from some wrapping paper I have.  The crazy outfit came from a magazine.  After I finish the background colors, I get a black mat and trace the inside of the opening with a pencil.  I do this because when I sell them, I always sell my prints matted.  By using this guideline, I make sure to attach the border just outside of the opening.  If you collage to the edge of the card stock, you will lose certain images when you mat the print.  Once I have done that I just start gluing on pieces of selected papers for my borders.  Then I come up with some sort if central image, it can be anything really...then I doodle and journal or glue on words or both!  I love the process....it's hard to stop!  I wish I could do it all day, every day...I am trying to do more even if I can't complete an entire piece at once, I can work on several backgrounds, and sometimes I work with several at a time. Pulling out some borders and deciding which background looks best on which, and glue them down.  That way when I have time again, I have already started them.  I usually use dot glue runners to glue down my images.  It's quick and makes them stick good. Only thing I hate about them is I run out of refills quick!  I have also used Gel Medium, and glue sticks.  Well time for some breakfast and more coffee!  ( I love our new Keurig)!  Enjoy your weekend and see ya soon!

3 comments:

April Cole said...

" FANTASTIC" collage work! :]

Shelly Allred said...

Thanks do much April, glad you liked it! Thanks for stopping by!

terry murphy said...

You explained the topic very well. The contents have provided meaningful information thanks for sharing info.