Monday, March 25, 2013

Field of Flowers on Canvas

 Just finished this piece on canvas today with the assistance of my sister Molly's, input.  I covered the entire surface with torn papers.  Then I used a combo of acrylics, and watercolor pencils to paint the sky and field.  I came back with Copic, Tombow & Montana Paint markers after sketching out the mountains.  At first she was standing in the field of Sunflowers, with nothing behind her.  Molly suggested the rolling hills and mountains behind her.  I was beginning to feel much better about it all after her suggestion.  Then after that, she told me I should have a villa in the background with a red roof!  Of course Molly!!!  The lady and the villa are the only collaged items in the piece.  I drew them on paper first, then collaged them into the scene.
 Here is a closer view of the lady, showing a little more detail
 This is where she is residing for the moment, on a shelf in my kitchen.
 I drew the villa, but then it was too big, so I copied and reduced the size of it and glued it into the hillside.  Complete with landscaping!  I thanked Molly for being my MUSE, she always knows just what to do about everything!  She said she enjoyed being a part of it, and thinks her ideas came from thinking of an upcoming trip her family is taking to ITALY this summer!  They will stay in a real villa and take pictures of real fields of flowers!  Until I get there, I will paint my dreams on canvas and share them with you!
Even now, I have scents of Lavender waifing through the cabin on this snowy, bleak, windy day on the mountain.  Somehow it helps, and knowing that soon I will get to harvest my own Lavender from my yard! 

8 comments:

Snap said...

Love her, Shelly ... and the villa!

Anonymous said...

I just love the way this one turned out! Beautiful, just like you. Love, Molly

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thanks so much Snap! So glad you came by!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thank you Molly! I 'm so glad you like it, you had a hand in this one! Love you, sweetest sister in the entire world, ❤!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sherlina halim said...

Pengen yang lebih seru ...
Ayo kunjungi wwwasianbet77com
Buktikan sendiri ..

Real Play = Real Money

- Referal 5 + 1 % ( seumur hidup ) .
- Cash Back up to 10 % .
- Bonus Royalty Rewards setiap bulan .

untuk Informasi lebih jelasnya silahkan hubungi CS kami :
- YM : op1_asianbet77@yahoo.com
- EMAIL : asianbet77@yahoo.com
- WHATSAPP : +63 905 213 7234
- WECHAT : asianbet_77
- SMS CENTER : +63 905 209 8162
- PIN BB : 2B4BB06A / 28339A41

Salam Admin ,
http://asianbet77.com/