Friday, July 26, 2013

New Art

I got some time to make some new art!  This is a sketch I did after watching Jane Davenport's Whimsical Faces Video!  It's fantastic, she's fantastic.  This face is a turned face experiment.  Something I have never tried to do.  I sketched he in my journal, and decided to let her be the main focus on this journal page.  I first started using no paint, but torn. patterned paper, covering the entire page.  Then I went back with various acrylic paints and stamps. Then I added  the scalloped border and other images.  

Hope you all have a fun weekend!

11 comments:

Susan said...

I love trying new things. Having fun with it and seeing where it goes. Have a great weekend, yourself!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thanks Susan! It's been a great weekend so far and I plan on making sure the rest of it is!

indybev said...

I've been trying to do the same with Pam Carriker's tutorials! This is beautiful. Pat yourself on the back!

BlueRidgeLady said...

Thank you Bev! Can't wait to get paint on my hands!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Holly Loves Art said...

YOU are an anamazing artist. Loved getting caught up on your blog. This latest piece is fun! Always great to learn from others isn't it? Hope you're having a fantastic week. Thanks for visiting me!

Connie said...

I miss you. Your blog is wonderful and I just want to encourage you to continue. Maybe it is just selfish of me, because your work is an inspiration to me:) I love journaling and mixed media . . . you are so creative.
Keep Smiling,
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

BlueRidgeLady said...

Hi Connie!! I want you to know you made my night! Thank you! I have been making a lot of new art! I'm still kicking! Lol! It's true, I have been away from my blog to long, and because of it, I didn't think I had any visitors. My own fault. I guess I was wrong! Thank you for coming by, i will post some new art soon! 😍

obat penghilang tato said...


Thanks for one's marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed
reading it, you are a great author.I will make sure to
bookmark your blog and will come back later in life.
I want to encourage that you continue your great work,
have a nice evening!

Lala Apps said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Uouo Uo said...


thank you

سعودي اوتو